Georgia Campaign Manager, Dogwood Alliance
Dr. Treva Gear is the Georgia State Manager for Dogwood Alliance and the founder and chair of the Concerned Citizens of Cook County, a community grassroots organization in Adel, Georgia. Dr. Gear is an Army veteran, an educator of 17 years, and a community organizer. She believes in being the change that she wants to see in the world and doesn’t mind “getting into good trouble.” Dr. Gear holds a doctorate in Adult and Career Education from Valdosta State University.
Executive Director & Staff Riverkeeper
As Riverkeeper, Justinn patrols and documents the Coosa River and its tributaries from the land, water, and air, looks for pollution problems, responds to citizen complaints, researches and analyzes polluters’ permits, collects pollution samples for laboratory analysis, educates the public about the beauty of the river and threats to it, advocates compliance with environmental laws, works on finding solutions to pollution problems, and is a spokesperson for the Coosa River.
Justinn was just recently awarded River Network's 2024 River Hero Award, one of the most prestigious national honors in the river advocacy movement. Justinn was named a 2023 River Hero by Alabama Rivers Alliance and a Woman Making Waves. In 2015, she was one of four women highlighted by Southern Living as “Women of Worth,” a short list of women who are dedicated to improving the lives of Southerners in need. She served as the President of Waterkeepers Alabama from 2020-2022 and continues to serve on the Leadership Council.
Read Justinn's full bio here.
*Please note that all times are in Central Time.
1155 Lodge Drive
Guntersville, AL 35976
For those of you who will be flying in, these are the two closest airports to Lake Guntersville Lodge.
*We will be providing transportation from Guntersville Municipal Airport to the Lodge and back*
Guntersville Municipal Airport (8A1)
· 1/2 off $20 tie down fee = $10 per night
· Full service fuel for self serve price
· Tie down fee waived if fuel is purchased
This is the location of the FAASTeam seminar on Friday at 12pm.
Albertville Regional Airport (8A0)
No tie down fees
· Please be sure to register for the Fly-In. Filling out this form will let us know you are coming and help us collect important information. This does not include your lodging.
· You must also make your own reservation at the Lodge and you must mention SouthWing's group code 10159 to get the discounted room rate. Call (256) 505-6621 or visit this website to make your reservation. If you need to cancel your reservation, call the front desk at (256) 571-5440 and they can assist you.
· SouthWings has reserved a block of rooms at the Lodge. There are also chalets and cabins that you are more than welcome to book if available, just know that they are farther from the Lodge and may be greater-than-walking distance for some. Camping spots (both tent and RV) are also available.
· Guests will pay for each meal at the time of the meal in the dining room or by charging the meal to your room. SouthWings will cover the cost of Saturday night's banquet dinner for all guests.
· Cell service is very limited in the park, including in and around the Lodge. WIFI, however, is strong in the Lodge.
· You WILL lose GPS signal on your way to the Lodge. Make sure you have screenshots or directions written down before you start driving.
· Bring your binoculars! Lake Guntersville State Park is home to 20 nesting pairs of Bald Eagles.
· Fishing is available as well, although you must bring your own gear and it requires a short drive (or steep hike) down the mountain to the beach area.